Dispelling Myths About Dermaplaning and Hair Growth
Are you in search of a fresh, glowing face? You’ve probably heard about dermaplaning, a skin treatment that’s gaining attention. But along with the buzz, there’s a lot of confusion and false ideas floating around.
We’re here to clear up any doubts, tell you what dermaplaning is all about, why people love it, and sort out the fact from the fiction. Let’s dive in and see if dermaplaning might be a good choice for you.
Dermaplaning: What It Is and Why You’ll Love It
You might have heard the term “dermaplaning” recently, especially if you’re interested in skincare. But what exactly is it?
Simply put, dermaplaning is a skincare method that uses a sterile surgical scalpel (much like a very sharp, small razor) to carefully remove the top layer of dead skin and fine vellus hair, also known as “peach fuzz”‘ from your face.
The goal? To reveal the fresh, glowing skin hiding underneath.
Here are the main reasons why people are choosing dermaplaning:
- Brighter, Fresher Skin: Dermaplaning is a type of deep cleaning for your skin. It removes the dull, dead skin cells from the surface, leaving your skin looking brighter and feeling fresh.
- Smooth Base for Makeup: With the tiny facial hairs gone, your face will be smooth and ready for makeup. You’ll find that your products glide on smoothly without getting stuck on those tiny hairs.
- Improves Skin Texture: By removing the buildup of dead skin cells, dermaplaning leaves your skin feeling smoother to the touch.
- Helps Skincare Products Work Better: After dermaplaning, your skin can absorb creams, serums, and treatments more easily. This means that your skin care products can do their job more effectively.
- Less Visible Lines and Dark Spots: Dermaplaning can help to lessen the look of fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, and acne scars. By removing the dead skin cells, your skin can look smoother and more even-toned.
- Good for Most Skin Types: Most people can safely have dermaplaning. It’s gentle on the skin, even if your skin is sensitive. However, if you have active acne or rosacea, it’s best to avoid this treatment to prevent further irritation.
So, why is dermaplaning getting so much attention these days? It’s because it can do a lot for your skin.
It’s a simple procedure that can be done by a skincare professional, and it’s painless. If you’re looking for a way to improve your skincare routine and get a smoother, more glowing complexion, dermaplaning could be worth a try.
Busting the Myth: Does Dermaplaning Make Hair Grow Back Thicker?
There’s a common misconception about dermaplaning: “Will it make my hair come back thicker?” Simply put, no, it won’t.
The idea that shaving or dermaplaning influences hair growth is just a myth. Your genes and hormones control your hair’s thickness and speed of growth, not dermaplaning.
In dermaplaning, a surgical blade removes the vellus hair or “peach fuzz” from your face. They’ll grow back, but not thicker or darker. They return just as they were pre-treatment.
The blade used in dermaplaning only takes off the ends of these hairs, and it doesn’t touch the hair follicles where hair growth starts. Also, it might feel prickly for a few days after regrowth, due to the blunt cut, but it’s the same texture and color as before.
So, rest easy knowing dermaplaning won’t change your hair’s thickness or color. It’s all about enjoying smoother, brighter skin.
Debunking the Biggest Misconceptions About Dermaplaning
Dermaplaning has gained a lot of traction for its benefits of exfoliating the skin and removing vellus hair (the tiny, peach fuzz-like hair). Yet, some misconceptions can lead to unwarranted concerns. Let’s tackle and clarify these common myths one by one:
- Dermaplaning is mainly for hair removal: Not entirely accurate. The primary goal of dermaplaning is exfoliation – getting rid of the dead skin cell layer to brighten and smoothen the skin. The removal of hair is a welcome bonus.
- Dermaplaning is a risky procedure: When done by a certified professional, dermaplaning is generally safe. Risks such as nicks, scratches, or more serious cuts, leading to possible infection or scarring, occur if the procedure is improperly performed or if done by an inexperienced individual.
- Dermaplaning can be done at home: It’s advisable not to perform dermaplaning yourself. Certified professionals should conduct the procedure to ensure safety and maximum effectiveness.
- Dermaplaning gives permanent results: Unfortunately, dermaplaning’s effects aren’t everlasting. You can see a difference in your skin immediately after a session, but repeated treatments are necessary for maintaining an improved look.
- Dermaplaning stops aging: Although dermaplaning can make skin appear younger by unveiling fresh, undamaged skin layers, it doesn’t halt the aging process.
- Dermaplaning suits all skin types: Mostly true, but not for everyone. Dermaplaning isn’t recommended for individuals with sensitive skin, active acne, or rosacea flare-ups, as the sharp scalpel could potentially aggravate pimples, leading to inflammation or infection.
- Dermaplaning is painful: Quite the contrary, the procedure is painless. It involves the practitioner making small, upward strokes with a scalpel to shed the skin’s dead layer.
- Dermaplaning is expensive: The cost of dermaplaning can vary but is typically considered affordable for a professional in-office skincare procedure.
Remember, accurate information is vital to make the most of what dermaplaning can offer. As always, seek advice from your skin care provider to determine if this beauty treatment is suitable for you.
Dermaplaning isn’t just another fad. It’s a skin treatment that goes beyond removing tiny hairs. It’s about bringing out the fresh, glowing skin that’s been hiding under a layer of dead skin cells.
There are a lot of myths about dermaplaning, but we’ve debunked them here. When done the right way, dermaplaning is a safe and effective way to give your skin a boost. But remember, it’s always a good idea to talk to a skin professional to figure out if it’s right for you.
So, are you ready to discover the benefits of dermaplaning and reveal your most radiant skin yet?
Take the First Step Towards Radiant Skin with CosMedic LaserMD’s Dermaplaning
At CosMedic LaserMD, we believe everyone deserves to feel confident in their own skin, and our expert team is here to guide you on your skincare journey.
We proudly offer professional dermaplaning, a safe and effective treatment designed to exfoliate your skin and remove fine, vellus hair.
Our experienced practitioners use a sterile surgical scalpel to gently scrape off the outermost layer of your skin, revealing a smoother, brighter complexion underneath.
But the benefits don’t stop at immediate results. By removing this layer of dead cells and facial hair, dermaplaning also helps your skincare products to penetrate more deeply, enhancing their efficacy and improving your skin’s health over time.
Experience the benefits of professional dermaplaning at CosMedic LaserMD. Book your appointment with us today and start your journey towards a brighter, smoother complexion. Your skin will thank you!